Edging cell controlled by a robot arm connected to an edge bander equipped with a return conveyor system. The system works with data delivered from the CAD, CAM, ERP or MES systems of the customer. The data required is standard parts data such as dimensions, materials and edging information.
The workflow can be adjusted for mass production or batch size 1 mode, according to the customer needs. The batch size 1 mode requires barcode reading system, provided together with the solution. When working in mass production mode the parts on top of each parts pile need to be scanned with a manual barcode scanner and afterwards the parts laser detection locates the parts on the pallets.
- An idea generated by the HOMAG Edge banding BU
- Automation of non-automated edge banders
- Edging programs definition without woodBase controlled machines
- Mass production pallet loading
- Camera for next throughfeed evaluation
- 100% accuracy at part loading
- No special hardware or infeed devices required
- MMR and MES interfaces
- Tapio ready – working on it
- Wearable devices ready