Sorting of the furniture components before packing is essential for huge volumes. Our robotic application is collating parts from the furniture production and storing them on vertical shelving systems (the shelving system is not designed and produced by MOS Robotics). Our software solution is communicating with the transport devices, delivering the parts to chaotic locations on the shelves for optimum space allocation.
Once all parts for a specific package are already in the sorting towers, those parts are then sent to an outfeed belt in the proper packing sequence. Operator utilization is also checked in real time and the parts are transported to the next available operator in case of multiple packing stations.
The system is visualizing the packing sequence to the operators on dashboards and screen over the packing stations, as well sending the cardboard box cutting programs to the cardboard cutting machines.
- Sorting of furniture components before packing
- Sequenced part outfeed to multiple packing stations
- Small parts (60 x 12 mm)
- Big parts (2900 x 1300 mm)
- One robot supplying parts to 4 transport devices
- Modes – Order, article, package based sorting
- Part location and identification
- Scanning and automatic sorting location assignment
- Capacity overview and “overflooding” warning